Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Day in Wales

3/10/12
Good Morning from the town of Chepstow in Wales! I'm wide awake and ready for breakfast.  Yesterday I landed in London and made my way through the airport.  I rode a double decker bus from London to Wales.  The busride was 2 hours long!  I had to take a nap so I had lots of energy to tour new places. 

 

Stanley here in the city of Cardiff, the capitol of Wales.  The flower behind me is probably something you recognize-can you guess it? That's right-it's a DAFFODIL. The Daffodil flower is the national flower of Wales. They are everywhere and beautiful! Are there daffodils blooming where you live? I found these flowers right outside the museum of Welsh history.  Here are some of the cool things I found in the museum-WOW!
This is a Welsh bowman used to defend castles and land in Wales.  His bow is so big!
This kind of looks like a deer I see in my backyard, but his antlers are HUGE!

Ancient jewelry-how fancy!



WOW! So here I am at the Wales vs. Italy International Rugby pitch. What a great feeling it is-everyone here is dressed in red, green, and white. I'm right next to the Welsh flag(just like the American flag you say the Pledge of Allegiance to every morning!) The game is very exciting and lots of cheering...WE WON! Next Saturday, the team will face FRANCE for the Grand Slam Championship(that means we won every game the whoel season!) Now I'm off to grab some fish and chips...those are french fries by the way.
               


No comments:

Post a Comment